Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Inspiration

There are moments in life when people say something amazing in the most inspirational way.  I guess I should have seen something coming my way that would be uplifting in my future. Last week when I met Ann Curry of the Today Show she said something powerful to me. That statement is mine to keep, but it came back to me today. 
This is one news anchor who I have grown up with throughout the years. I decided last minute to head downtown last week to stop by the Today Show broadcasting live as the 2012 Super Bowl approached. I know that I may never be in NYC and have the chance to see the show so I went alone and had a great time. She had asked if I was there alone, my little reply of "yes" seemed so child-like as I was speaking with this amazing, genuine, world traveler. She instantly said "No, not with all these people who surround you." We then spoke of where I work. She was taken a back and mentioned traveling. Ann spoke with others in this way. She has interviewed so many powerful people throughout the world. Leaders, criminals, politicians, and the list goes on. I guess no one expects others at that level of celebrity to be so genuine to people who are considered fans and admirers. It was just great and I am thankful.


There are many others who have been inspiring throughout my life. I hear my mother's voice in mine. Hearing my voice mail vs. hers is simply nuts. I love her. I also havethe toughness of both of the Memas (Grandmas) comes out from time to time. Rosie Mema is so tough and kind to so many people and also a cancer survivor. Blue Mema was one hell of a lady. Bleach white hair, attitude, and I notice that a lot when things seem tough I know how to handle it with a smile no matter how tough the situation may be. Miss you, love you, always thinking of you.
So all this inspiration may push me forward and these are only a few women who have had an influence on who I am today. Sometimes there are also days when things just don't seem to be going right. Think of someone positive in your life. They may not be a part of this world today, for example that woman seen above with yes a baby me :) but oh the things I learned from her even if she wasn't trying to teach me a thing. I took away a lot from that relationship. It is important to surround yourself with positive people who will be there for you in the most ugly or toughest part of your life. Those are true friends. Woman can be catty as shit but damn you also know some of those chicks will have your back to hell and back. Keep those positive ones close and clear the slat of those who are nothing but drama. Do you like drama? No one does.

No comments:

Post a Comment